Professor Tom Byers of Stanford university has an excellent List of Elements of Hi-Tech Entrepreneurship. Its a Must Read for all would be Entrepreneurs.
1. What is high-technology entrepreneurship? What is the difference between an idea and a business opportunity?
2. Why do ventures require dynamic leaders who understand vision, strategy, risk, and tactics?
3. How does context (e.g., economic and political climate) play a role in high-tech
4. What is market positioning?
5. What is the purpose of the business plan?
6. Why is cash flow so vital?
7. What are the different sources of capital for high-tech ventures?
8. Why is high-tech entrepreneurship a team sport?
9. Why are sales and business development skills so valuable?
10. What is the role of ethics in high-technology entrepreneurship?